Dear Bookminded Friends,
It has been a long while since I have posted, due to a variety of factors, which include the following:
- A rather busy semester at work (This is reverse hyperbole, fyi.)
- An (over) ambitious extracurricular schedule for the children (Never again.)
- A very naughty puppy who has hit adolescence and thus requires constant surveillance (Today my dog walker asked me if he could use her as an example of a willful puppy on his cable access show. Um, okay?)
- A big writing deadline (More on that to come.)
- A smallish, but disruptive house renovation project (NB: Never, ever try to have all of your floors refinished after you have moved into a house. It creates all of the chaos of moving, except you don’t move. And it takes weeks and weeks to get the house back together. And don’t get me started on the dust.)
As you can see from my extended commentary on #5, that was probably the one thing that wreaked havoc on my schedule because nothing was in its place for weeks. Seriously, while the end result is worth all the hassle, it was no fun to live through. But I am back up and running (in a metaphorical sense as well as the actual—ran a half marathon last week!) and perhaps more importantly, WRITING!
I hope you all survived the winter. Still every morning when I wake up to sunshine and chirping birds, I think I am dreaming. At long last…summer!
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post on two books that you will want to make sure you get your hands on before the weekend.